You’re searching online for love and this beautiful woman sends you a message. She’s gorgeous and seems to be so into you. At first you think you’ve hit the jackpot! But then you start to think about it. Why is she so interested in me so soon? Why is she always talking about ‘when the papers come’?
Many men want to know what are the signs you are being used for a visa. You are right to worry and I’d advise you to never marry anyone until you feel absolutely sure they are legitimate and truly have your best interests at heart. The good news is there are ways to know whether or not you’re being used.
Look for these signs that she only wants a green card:
- Just doesn’t do the things that someone in love would do. People in love call often, will want their circle of friends and family to meet you, and just want you around them as much as possible. Many victims report that their partner never spent that much time with them but always had clever excuses as to why not. There’s no excuse for someone in love to not make every effort to spend as much time as possible with you. Yes, we have jobs, school, church etc but with text messaging and cell phones, there’s no good reason days and days should pass without hearing from your partner. It takes 30 seconds to send a text message for goodness sake!
- Professes love too quickly and is rushing marriage. Victims will say that she told them loved them like they’ve never loved anyone before very quickly. Afterward, she proposed spending a life together after just a few weeks.
- You catch her in lies or you find inconsistencies in her stories. Ask her where she was last Monday on Wednesday and then ask her again where she was last Monday the following week. One week she may say Julia is her aunt and the next week Julia is her cousin.
- She drinks alcohol prior to intimacy with you. Yes, there are a few women that want to remain chaste until marriage but come on. This is the modern era women are much more liberated than they used to be. If the only way she’ll be intimate is after half a bottle of scotch that’s a very bad sign. Worse, she won’t have sex with you at all.
- Her family treats you with indifference or flat out shows resentment towards you. Any loving family wants to know the person their family member is going to marry very well since marriage is integration into the said family. Also, in most developing nations family is very important so be assured she cares very much what her family thinks of you. If her family doesn’t like you or shows resentment, and/or just doesn’t seem interested in getting to know you that well its because they already know that you are nothing more than a means to an end. The exception is if you’re dating a wealthy Filipina in which case almost no foreigner will be good enough for her father.
Another little way you can tell if she just wants a green card is to tell her in the most serious tone that you can that if she tries to divorce you after she gains citizenship that you’ll make the divorce as long and painful as possible. If she acts nervously then you might have a green card scammer on your hands.
Your biggest weapon against a green card scammer is time
People reveal their true selves eventually. Unless you have terminal cancer there’s no reason to not wait her out. Most scammers will give up pretty quickly once you make it clear that you’re not interested in getting married right away and want to build a true and strong relationship. A few will hang on but with more time they too will give up and move on to easier prey.