Immigration Rules & Regs

Here’s What Overstaying Foreigners in the PH Need to Know

Good news!

Many foreigners who had reached their 24 or 36 month limit on their tourist visas in The Philippines were worried that they may be deported.  The Philippines Bureau of Immigration has released a statement saying that overstaying foreigners will be allowed to remain in The Philippines.


It seems you’ll still have to file a motion for reconsideration in order to extend your tourist visa. In addition, you’ll still be assessed the overstay fines. The fines per the BI website are:

  • 500 PHP for each month overstayed
  • 510 PHP  motion for consideration fee

This only applies to foreigners who have been overstaying since March 1st, 2020.

How to File a Motion for Reconsideration (MR)

  1. Apply at one of the BI offices equipped to handle such a procedure. You can find a full list here
  2. You may request application an application for reconsideration.
  3. Fill out a tourist visa extension application at the office, TVS-CGAF-VE-2016, or download it and fill it out beforehand.
  4. Hand in your passport plus the application
  5. Pay the fees (the overstay fines plus the motion for reconsideration fee)
  6. Await instructions on when you can retrieve your passport

7 Signs a Filipina is Really Into You & 5 That She’s Not


Who May Enter The Philippines?

As of September 15th 2021 the following groups may enter The Philippines

  • Filipino Citizens
  • Baklibayans
  • Foreign Nations with Existing Visas
  • Foreign Spouses, Parents, or Children of Filipino Citizens

May be an image of text

Subscribe And Get More Insider Tips on The Philippines
We respect your privacy.
Christian Filipina Asian Ladies Dating 728x90 Ad 1 Banner
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments